What are the variables of climate change?
Climate entails the statistical characteristics of weather conditions in a given area. Climate zones are characterized by different combinations of climate variables, such as temperature, precipitation, humidity, and wind.
What are the 5 major factors that affect climate change?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What are the 6 major factors that affect climate change?
There are six major natural climate factors: air masses and winds, latitude, ocean currents, elevation, relief, and bodies of water. Some are global factors that affect all parts of Earth. Some are local factors that influence only small parts of Earth.
What are the 4 main effects of climate change?
What are the effects of climate change and global warming?
- rising maximum temperatures.
- rising minimum temperatures.
- rising sea levels.
- higher ocean temperatures.
- an increase in heavy precipitation (heavy rain and hail)
- shrinking glaciers.
- thawing permafrost.
What are the seven climate variables?
These include latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds.
Which of the following variables has the least influence on climate?
B. Longitude. Explanation: Option B, Longitude influences the climate change the least.
What are the factors affecting climate and weather?
The most important factors affecting climate are latitude, altitude, distance to the ocean or sea, orientation of mountain ranges toward prevailing winds, and the ocean current.
Which two factors have the greatest effect on climate?
The two most important factors in the climate of an area are temperature and precipitation. The yearly average temperature of the area is obviously important, but the yearly range in temperature is also important.
What are 3 things that affect climate?
Factors Affecting Global Climate
- Atmospheric Circulation. The sun’s rays provide both light and heat to Earth, and regions that receive greater exposure warm to a greater extent. …
- Ocean Currents. …
- Global Climate. …