What goes in each recycling boxes?
What goes in your recycling boxes?
- Food tins, drinks cans.
- Glass bottles and jars.
- Plastic bottles.
- Clean plastic pots, tubs and trays (rinsed, no food, no black plastic)
- Empty aerosol cans.
- Clean aluminium foil, including foil trays (rinsed, no food, scrunch small pieces)
What goes in red recycling boxes?
Plastic and metal cans recycling in your Red Box
- Plastic bottles (e.g. drinks bottles, plastic milk bottles, bleach bottles, washing and fabric conditioner bottles etc.)
- Plastic tubs, pots and trays (e.g. margarine tubs, yoghurt pots etc.)
- Drink cans.
- Food tins (place tin lids inside the tin)
What goes in your green box?
What goes in your green box
|Yes please||No thank you|
|Plastic drink bottles||Plastic food trays|
|Milk bottles||Yoghurt pots|
|Shampoo bottles||Margarine tubs|
|Bleach bottles||Plastic bags|
What goes in the blue recycling box?
You should only use your blue recycling bin for:
- cartons (fruit juice cartons, milk cartons, Tetra Pak)
- food tins and drinks cans.
- mixed glass, bottles and jars (lids and tops can be either left on or off)
- mixed paper.
- plastic bottles (lids and tops can be either left on or off)
What Colour bin does plastic go in?
Use your blue bin to recycle certain clean paper, cardboard, aluminium and plastic products as listed below. Use your brown or green bin for food waste and garden waste such as grass clippings, weeds, leaves and tree branches or twigs.
Can u put clothes in recycle bin?
There’s no reason to put any clothing or textiles in the bin. If you can’t fix, upcycle, sell, share or give away unwanted items, they can still go into a textile recycling bank. Socks, pants, even old curtains, they can all be re-used.
What is the orange bin for?
The colours designated for recycling bins are clear and recognisable. Orange is for plastic and aluminum, blue for paper, and brown for glass. … The paper recycling trucks will quickly be complemented by recycling trucks collecting metal, plastic and glass items.
What are 10 things you can recycle?
Top 10 Items That Should Always Be Recycled
- Newspapers. Newspapers are one of the easiest materials to recycle. …
- Mixed Paper. …
- Glossy Magazines and Ads. …
- Cardboard. …
- Paperboard. …
- Plastic Drink Bottles. …
- Plastic Product Bottles. …
- Aluminum Cans.
What Cannot be put in recycle bin?
To help you out, we’ve put together a list of 18 things you should absolutely never toss into your home recycling bin.
- Styrofoam. Avoid Styrofoam containers. …
- Bubble wrap. Bubble wrap’s thin film can get tangled in recycling machines. …
- Cords. …
- Aerosol cans. …
- Grocery bags. …
- Batteries. …
- Mirrors. …
- Clothes hangers.
What things Cannot be recycled?
- Food waste.
- Food-tainted items (such as: used paper plates or boxes, paper towels, or paper napkins)
- Ceramics and kitchenware.
- Windows and mirrors.
- Plastic wrap.
- Packing peanuts and bubble wrap.
- Wax boxes.