What are the main climate zones?
The Earth has three main climate zones: tropical, temperate, and polar. The climate region near the equator with warm air masses is known as tropical. In the tropical zone, the average temperature in the coldest month is 18 °C. This is warmer than the average temperature of the warmest month in the polar zone.
How many climatic zones are there?
In India, (Bansal & Minke, 1988) had carried out detailed studies and reported that India can be divided into six climatic zones, namely, hot and dry, warm and humid, moderate, cold and cloudy, cold and sunny, and composite. The criteria of classification are described in Table 1.
What are the 14 different climate zones?
Let’s zone out!
- (Af) TROPICAL CONTINUOUSLY WET.
- (Aw) TROPICAL WINTER-DRY.
- (As) TROPICAL SUMMER-DRY.
- (Am) TROPICAL MONSOON.
- (BSh) HOT SEMI-DESERT.
- (BWh) HOT DESERT.
- (Cfb) CONTINUOUSLY WET WARM TEMPERATE.
- (Csb) SUMMER-DRY WARM TEMPERATE.
What are the 7 climate zones?
- A – Tropical Climates. Tropical moist climates extend north and south from the equator to about 15° to 25° latitude. …
- B – Dry Climates. …
- C – Moist Subtropical Mid-Latitude Climates. …
- D – Moist Continental Mid-Latitude Climates. …
- E – Polar Climates. …
- H – Highlands.
What are the 5 climate zones?
There are approximately five main climate types on Earth:
What are the 13 types of climates?
In this system there are five major climate zones that are divided into 13 sub-zones, which themselves can again be split into finer groups.
- Winter dry (temperate climate)
- Winter dry (continental climate)
- Summer dry (continental climate)
- Continuously wet (continental climate)
- Polar ice caps (polar climate)
What are the names of the zones?
The Five Geographical Zones Of The World
- The North Frigid Zone. The North Frigid Zone sits on the northernmost part of the globe and is characterized by freezing temperatures and long winters. …
- The North And South Temperate Zones. …
- The Torrid Zone. …
- The South Frigid Zone.
What are the 6 climate zones?
There are six main climate regions: tropical rainy, dry, temperate marine, temperate continental, polar, and highlands. The tropics have two types of rainy climates: tropical wet and tropical wet-and- dry.
What are the 8 climate zones?
CLIMATE ZONE CLASSIFICATION
- POLAR AND TUNDRA. Polar climates are cold and dry, with long, dark winters. …
- BOREAL FOREST. …
- MOUNTAIN. …
- TEMPERATE FOREST. …
- MEDITERRANEAN. …
- DESERT. …
- DRY GRASSLAND. …
- TROPICAL GRASSLAND.
What are the 5 major climate types?
one of five classifications of the Earth’s climates: tropical, dry, mild, continental, and polar.
What are temperate zones?
the part of the earth’s surface lying between the tropic of Cancer and the Arctic Circle in the Northern Hemisphere or between the tropic of Capricorn and the Antarctic Circle in the Southern Hemisphere, and characterized by having a climate that is warm in the summer, cold in the winter, and moderate in the spring and …